Friday, October 14, 2011

TGIF: Show & Tell

TGIF!  Everyone loves Friday right?  This is a feature hosted by Ginger at Greadsbooks.com.  Ginger posts a discussion question every Friday and provides a post where bloggers link their posts.  It's a fantastic way to get to know other bloggers!   Interested in participating?  Hop on over to Greads! feature page and learn more and see upcoming questions!

This Friday's Question:
Show & Tell: Where do you grab a book and get lost in it? Show us your favorite spot you like to read at.

I will read just about anywhere.  I've actually gotten so wrapped up in a book at work before that I clocked in late from my lunch break!  But of course, my favorite places to read are at my home.  There are 2 places that I love to read.
Living with my parents still, I of course share the house with them and my younger brother.  We have a super comfortable couch, but seeing as there is ALWAYS someone in the living room, I don't get to partake in reading on the comfy couch.  I can't read and have the television on at the same time.


My first place is of course my bed.  On the weekend that I don't close at work, there is nothing better to me than snuggling up in my super comfy bed, especially now that its getting colder.  I light some candles, turn on my bedside lamp and get a good glass of wine, and I'm in it for the long haul.  One of my favorite parts of snuggling in my bed with a book is when my sweet cat, Autumn, comes and snuggles with me.  Its rare that you find me in my room without her.  I love it.


My second favorite place is most definitely our deck.  My mom has a green thumb and grows all sorts of herbs, so it always smells delicious out there.  In the summer, if its not too hot of course, you'll find me out there tanning with a book in my hand.  Autumn has to be my favorite time, because its not too hot and I love the smell of autumn air!


Show us, where's your favorite place to read?

6 comments:

thelibrarianreads said...

Outside is always lovely...and that you get Autumn air *sigh* miss living up north so much!

LeighannesLit said...

I could never live up North. I spent a winter in Massachusetts once and it was just too cold for me! South Carolina is nice, we have seasons still lol and we've been blessed with snow the past few years, too!

Alexa Yupangco said...

Reading outside is always a nice experience. But my bed has to be my absolute favorite spot to read!

LeighannesLit said...

Me too! I love outside, but I love my bed more :]

jeannette bruce said...

Love your outdoors reading spot, too! And I agree...autumn is the best season! We don't really have seasons in Texas, but fall is the nicest time of year to me...80 degrees is much better than 100! :D

LeighannesLit said...

I live in South Carolina so I totally know what you mean about it being really hot! This time of year is fantastic for reading outside. :]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...