Friday, October 7, 2011

TGIF: To-Be-Read's

TGIF is hosted by GReads.  She posts a question, you answer and then link your post.  Its an awesome way to connect with other bloggers.  Sounds like fun?  Hop on over to GReads' blog and look for the latest TGIF post. You can also find future questions :]




This Friday's Question:
To-Be-Read's: How big is your pile? Which book keeps getting pushed down the stack, but you keep meaning to read it?

The pile of books that I still have to read is pretty enormous.  I've got 40 something physical books and then probably over 100 e-books that I need to read.  I have this terrible habit of buying books, telling myself that I'm going to read them, and then letting them sit on my shelf for months and months and months.  I'm trying to get myself out of that habit and I'm trying to whittle down my pile.  I put myself on a book buying ban, saying that for every 10 books that I read, I would allow myself to buy 2.  I haven't read 10 books yet, but I have bought one, but that was just for a book club so technically it doesn't count!

I've been attempting to plan what books I was going to read for a given month, but I get review requests at random times, or the particular book I had decided to read really wasn't what I wanted to read, so I put it down. Needless to say, I haven't kept a lot of the goals that I've set, but I've tried, and I've recorded some vlogs to talk about it, which has been fun.

A few books that keep getting pushed down on my pile though, that I REALLY want to get to are Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs, The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland by Catherynne Valente, and The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory. 

What about you, what's still on your TBR pile?

6 comments:

jeannette bruce said...

Miss Peregrine's has been in my pile for awhile, too. But I'm going to read it as part of a fall challenge on GR, so at least there's that. :) I keep telling myself I need to put myself on a book-buying ban, but then a ton of new books are released and I can't help myself. :P Good luck with your TBR pile.

Alison said...

I'm just like you. I keep buying books and then very slowly get to them but only after I buy more books. It's a never ending cycle.

Jac K said...

The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland looks like such a good read!! I haven't heard much about it, but I know I need to get it added to my list!
Jac @ For Love and Books

LeighannesLit said...

I've heard amazing things about it too! I tried reading it a while back, but it wasn't something that had my attention so I set it aside. I'm hoping to get to it soon!

LeighannesLit said...

I'm hoping that since I have myself on a book buying ban (and I'm sticking to it!) that i'll make my pile smaller! We'll see though... :]

LeighannesLit said...

I'll be on the lookout for a review because I'm sure you'll get to it before I will! I hope you enjoy it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...