Monday, November 14, 2011

Manic Monday: Week of November 14

We all know that Mondays are typically pretty manic for us all.  Honestly, who in the world likes Mondays?!  So here's an attempt for me to organize my thoughts for the week.  Here you'll find what I'm reading, what I will picking up next, different posts that you can expect in the upcoming week, and a recap of the posts from last week!  And anything else I see fit, of course :]

Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
I am painfully behind in this saga.  However, things are starting to get interesting in some respects.  Anna has said some crazy things to her husband, we're learning more about country life with Levin and Kitty seems to be all better after her stint abroad.  I know things are about to get even more interesting, and I still have about another 200 pages to read before I'm actually on track.  But, seeing as my schedule is lax this week, I have the time and it will happen!  Expect the full write up for the last few weeks this Thursday.  I'm serious this time!

The Stream: Discovery by Bill Jones, Jr.
Once again, I can't really say too much about this once, as I'm still not very far into it.  I want to read more of it, I really do, but I'm trying to get caught up with Anna Karenina and this one just isn't grabbing my attention.  I'm on the third chapter.  We'll see how much farther I can get this week.

Photobucket

What will I be picking up next?
When I'm caught up with Anna Karenina and I get further along in The Stream: Discovery, I'm going to grab another one of  the print books off my pile.  I'm going to start off with Becoming Madame Mao by Anchee Min.  I think that I can finish that one relatively quickly while reading the other two as well.  As soon as I finish The Stream: Discovery, I'm going to grab Hazardous Choices by Joseph Rinaldo as my next review request.

Photobucket

What can you expect this week?
++  Tuesday: NRT, featuring some awesome, awesome things.
++  Wednesday:  A book review of The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory.
++ Thursday: I will do the Anna Karenina write up this week.  It has to happen!
++  Friday:  TGIF, where we'll be talking about what books we're thankful for receiving from other bloggers or friends or family.
++  Saturday:  Nothing planned.  Maybe I'll have another review to post here!
++ Sunday:  Sunday Salon.

Photobucket

In case you missed it....
++   New Release Tuesday, featuring a biography of Catherine the Great and the newest release from Mac Miller
++   Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, a book review.  Discusses plot points, so if you haven't read it, be wary!
++   TGIF: Character we Love to Hate
++   The triumphant return of In My Mailbox!  Featuring a vlog :]

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...