Monday, November 7, 2011

Manic Monday: Week of November 7.

We all know that Mondays are typically pretty manic for us all.  Honestly, who in the world likes Mondays?!  So here's an attempt for me to organize my thoughts for the week.  Here you'll find what I'm reading, what I will picking up next, different posts that you can expect in the upcoming week, and a recap of the posts from last week!  And anything else I see fit, of course :]

The Stream: Discovery by Bill Jones Jr.
I picked this one up before October even ended, and I haven't managed to get very far into it.  Not for lack of wanting to.  Something about it is just not sitting right with me.  But, I'm only at the very beginning of it, so there is a lot that can happen between now and then.

The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory
I read The Other Boleyn Girl last year and I loved it, I thought that it was pretty fantastic.  So, this is a continuation of some of the characters from that book.  I like the story line, but the biggest problem I'm having is that some of the writing seems almost mechanical.  I usually never have anything to say about the writing,but something about this is bugging me.  But I still like it so far.

Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
I am painfully behind is the read-a-long.  I really hope to get caught up this week.  I have three sections that I have to get through, which is about 180 pages, which is easily doable, I just hope I find the time.  I'm not behind because I don't like it, I'm just behind because I never have time to do anything.

Photobucket

What will I be picking up next?
I have 4 more review requests to get through once I finish the one I'm reading now.  I hope that I can get these finished pretty quickly so that I can read some more of the physical books that are on my shelf.  I hope to get at least 3 of those read this month.

Photobucket

What can you expect this week?
++  Tuesday: Another NRT, featuring a biography of Catherine the Great and the newest release from Mac Miller
++  Wednesday:  Finally, that review of Frankenstein by Mary Shelley that I was talking about last week.
++ Thursday: Anna Karenina Thursday.  It's normally Friday, but since I'm so behind, I figured it wouldn't hurt to be a day early!
++  Friday:  TGIF, where we talk about characters that we just love to hate.
++  Saturday: Maybe a review, maybe something else.
++ Sunday: The Sunday salon, as usual.

Photobucket

In case you missed it....
++  My Best of the Bunch Selection from the month of October
++  A quick rewind video to wrap up what I read for October
++  November TBR pile, featuring some review requests and a lot of historical fiction.
++  A book review of Murder in Three Acts by Agatha Christie, 3 stars

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...