This Friday's Question:
Love-Hate Relationship: Which characters from a book do you love to hate?
I had to think about this one for a good few minutes before I came up with a few, but here they are.
- Draco Malfoy from the Harry Potter Series. Of course he's supposed to be that character that everyone is suppossed to hate, but I think a lot of readers secretly loved him. I felt bad for him, but I still hated him. It was really hard not to.
- Pendleton from Dead of Winter. I hated this man. The more that we got into the story, the more and more I hated him and the more I wanted him to just go ahead and be slaughtered. That probably sounds horrible, but if you read the book, you'll see why I hated him.
- Waleran Bigod from Pillars of the Earth. He was such a dirty old man. And I don't mean dirty as in pervert, he was just an asshole who would stop at nothing to get his own way and further himself. I hated him a lot, but he added a lot to the story.
- William Hamleigh of Pillars of the Earth. I hated Waleran, but I think I hated William more. Waleran, I could understand his purpose, but William was just a spoiled brat that didn't care about anyone. I don't think I would have hated him as much as I did, had a not watched the miniseries first. He was a lot more despicable in the minseries.
- Carlos Vicente Solitario from The Witch of Cologne. Now he really was a nasty old man, who was all pissed off because he became infatuated with a Jew, so he felt like he needed to persecute her daughter. He was an asshole extraordinaire as well.
Which characters do you just love to hate?