Wednesday, December 28, 2011

2011 Challenge Wrap-up Post.

I started blogging in December of 2010.  I started early in the month so I hopped on a bunch of challenge trains thinking that it would be awesome to challenge myself, and it was.  A lot of people don't participate in challenges because they feel like it is too much pressure, but I just see it as a way to decide what I need to read next!

This year I signed up for 4 different challenges.  I really enjoyed all of them and I actually finished only 2 out of the 4, but I ALMOST finished a third, which is still pretty good.


2011 Stephen King Challenge

FINISHED.
I read all 6 books that I challenged myself to read. If you want to see a list of them and be taken to my reviews, you can visit this link.



Outlander Challenge 2011

Not finished:[
I finished the first Outlander book at the beginning of the year and I loved it. I wanted to read all the other ones, but somehow I just got distracted and never picked the second one up. I love The Lit Bitch and I've been invited to participate in the challenege again for 2012, but I'm not sure if I'm going to do it yet. You can read my review of the first book here.



Forgotten Treasures Challenge 2011

Not finished :[
I did finish the vast majority of this one though. I started reading my mother's old copies of her Vonnegut books, which is mostly what this one consisted of. To see the list of what I read and the reviews for those books, click here to be taken to the page!



E-Book Challenge 2011

FINISHED! And then some.
My got my Nook for Christmas in 2010, so I knew it was going to be one of my favorite things for the year, which prompted me to join this challenge. A lot of the books I read this year were ebooks and all of the review requests that I took were ebooks as well, so I went WAY over the amount of books that I set out to read. To see the books that I read for this challenge and for links to their reviews, click here!

So that's the wrap up of the challenges that I finished for the year. Now I just have to decide which challenges I'm going to try and accomplish for 2012! Bring it on!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...