Monday, January 16, 2012

Manic Monday: Week of January 16

We all know that Mondays are typically pretty manic for us all.  Honestly, who in the world likes Mondays?!  So here's an attempt for me to organize my thoughts for the week.  Here you'll find what I'm reading, what I will picking up next, different posts that you can expect in the upcoming week, and a recap of the posts from last week!  And anything else I see fit, of course :]

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
I know, I know, why am I just now getting to this?  People have been telling me to read it for ages and I'm finally doing it!  I stay up pretty late last night reading and got through the entire first part.  I have to say that I'm really enjoying it and I'm enjoying Katniss's character and the setting and basically everything.  I have a feeling that this one will be finished pretty quickly, maybe even today and from there, I'll probably start the next one.

Hazardous Choices by Joseph Rinaldo
This is the next review request on my plate.  I'm not going to lie, the beginning is boring me, which is why I set it aside, opting for The Hunger Games.  I don't really have much to say about it yet, seeing as I'm not too far, I just hope it gets better.

Photobucket

What will I be picking up next?
After Hazardous Choices, I have one more review request and then all of the Patterson books that he gave me to review. I don't count those as review requests, because I love his work and will gladly read them.  After I finish all those, I think I have a draft of a sequel in a series that I read that I need to read for the author, and then it will be smooth sailing, reading whatever I feel like reading, until I decide to open my review requests again.

Photobucket

What can you expect this week?
++  Tuesday: New Release Tuesday!  And its my birthday, bitches!
++  Wednesday:  Review of The Gunslinger by Stephen King
++  Thursday: Review of The Stream: Discovery by Bill Jones, Jr.
++  Friday: TGIF!  Talking about recommendations.
++  Saturday: IMM! Probably not a vlog, but IMM, nonetheless.
++  Sunday: The Sunday Salon.

Photobucket

In case you missed it....
++ NRT, talking about the newest from Lauren Oliver and Attack Attack!
++ My review of The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien
++ Talking about Season 1 of The Walking Dead
++ TGIF!  Must reads of 2012
++ The Sunday Salon (29) Talking about blog drama!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...