Monday, January 2, 2012

Manic Monday: Week of January 2

We all know that Mondays are typically pretty manic for us all.  Honestly, who in the world likes Mondays?!  So here's an attempt for me to organize my thoughts for the week.  Here you'll find what I'm reading, what I will picking up next, different posts that you can expect in the upcoming week, and a recap of the posts from last week!  And anything else I see fit, of course :]

The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien
So I saw the trailer for the movie, and I realized that even though it doesn't come out for forever, I still need to read this book!  So, I grabbed my Nook and downloaded it.  I'm almost finished with it, and I love it as much as I loved the entire LOTR trilogy and its a great way to start the new year out reading.  I also needed something good to get me back into the groove of reading and reviewing and such because I was in a pretty bad slump on top of being so busy.  I should finish this this week though, so expect a review next week probably!

Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
Alright.  I was supposed to have this finished by now.  And even though I'm not really into it, I'm not giving up on it!  I've come way too far in it to give it up now.  I want to get into part 5 before I start another book for the year.  I am bound and determined to finish this one!


Photobucket

What will I be picking up next?
There were several books that I picked up as review requests before the end of the year.  As you all know, I failed miserably at getting those finished and at getting a lot of things finished really.  Anyway, those are the books that are my priorities right now!  As soon as I get those finished I'm going to be working my way through my challenges and my stacks (my many, many stacks!) to get some things off those piles.


Photobucket

What can you expect this week?
++  Tuesday: New Release Tuesday!
++  Thursday: The Mysterious Affair at Styles review.
++  Friday: Talking about Season 1 of American Horror Story!
++  Saturday: If I get anything between now and then, there will be an IMM!
++ Sunday: Sunday Salon!


Photobucket

In case you missed it....
++  Introducing The Dark Tower Reading Challenge!  Hosted by yours truly :]
++  2011 Challenge Wrap-Up.  What I finished and what I didn't.
++  The Best and Worst of 2011.  Self Explanatory.
++  In My Mailbox!  I got some end of the year goodies!
++  2012 Challenges.  What I want to make it through in the new year.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...