Monday, January 23, 2012

Manic Monday: Week of January 23

We all know that Mondays are typically pretty manic for us all.  Honestly, who in the world likes Mondays?!  So here's an attempt for me to organize my thoughts for the week.  Here you'll find what I'm reading, what I will picking up next, different posts that you can expect in the upcoming week, and a recap of the posts from last week!  And anything else I see fit, of course :]

Abarat by Clive Barker
I got this one from BookPerk along with the other two in the series a while back and I'm just now getting to them.  I'm really loving the imagery that Barker puts in his work.  This is a lot more toned down that his other works that I have read, along more of a young adult theme than anything, but I am still really enjoying it so far.  Its over 400 pages, but I find that its going really quickly!

Hazardous Choices by Joseph Rinaldo
I haven't read enough of this to have a definitive opinion yet, but the beginning is lacking for me, I won't lie at all.  There's a lot of talk about football so far and I see very little hazardous choices, other than the mention that someone was in a gang.  Don't get me wrong, I love football, but not enough to read about it.  Anyway, its still very early, so I'm going to read more before I pass any sort of judgement.

Photobucket

What will I be picking up next?
Next is Keeping Cooper by Sam Masone and then the rest of the Patterson books that I have.  I'm trying to read a review request and another book at the same time, so after I finish Abarat, I think that I might actually  pick up Catching Fire, the next book in The Hunger Games Trilogy.

Photobucket

What can you expect this week?
++  Tuesday: New Release Tuesday
++  Wednesday: Review of The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
++ Thursday:  Review of The Help by Katheryn Stockett
++  Friday: TGIF!  Talking about where our books come from.
++  Saturday: This Saturday there probably will be an IMM vlog.
++ Sunday:   The Sunday Salon

Photobucket

In case you missed it....
++  New Release Tuesday, Birthday Edition!
++  Review of The Gunslinger by Stephen King
++  Review of The Stream: Discovery by Bill Jones, Jr.
++  TGIF!  Where I talk about recommendations.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...