Monday, January 9, 2012

Manic Monday: Week of January 9

We all know that Mondays are typically pretty manic for us all.  Honestly, who in the world likes Mondays?!  So here's an attempt for me to organize my thoughts for the week.  Here you'll find what I'm reading, what I will picking up next, different posts that you can expect in the upcoming week, and a recap of the posts from last week!  And anything else I see fit, of course :]

The Gunslinger by Stephen King
So I know I said I wasn't going to start anything else until I finished the few review requests that I have, but after I got the new copy of this book, it was just staring at me.  It was calling to me, and I just had to answer it.  It all seems vaguely familiar to me, but it has been so long since I read the series that its really a new experience.  There are more things that I'm noticing, aside from the fact that its the expanded edition.  I read this series at the end of middle school/beginning of high school, so I think I can appreciate it more now that I'm older and more well read.  I know I'm going to enjoy The Dark Tower Reading Challenge SO MUCH.

Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
Still trucking through this.  I'm trying so hard to read just a little bit of it a day, but I really need to spend some time with it if I'm ever going to finish it.  However, I'm disappointed in myself because I happened to see a blog post about the book, and read it, and it spoiled the ending so I know how it all ends.  But I think if I can ever get into it, it will be worth the read.

The Stream: Discovery by Bill Jones
This is a review request that I've had or quite some time.  I'm almost halfway through and it took me a little bit to get into it, but we're getting into the meat of the story and I'm starting to like the characters more and more.  Hopefully I'll be able to get this one wrapped up and reviewed within the week.

Photobucket

What will I be picking up next?
In order:  Hazardous Choices by Joseph Rinaldo, Keeping Cooper by Samantha Masone, Mercy by Joshua Grover-David Patterson, Fairy Godmother-in-Law by Joshua Grover-David Patterson, Misfits by Joshua Grover-David Patterson, and after that I think all of the review requests will be finished!

Photobucket

What can you expect this week?
++  Tuesday:  New Release Tuesday, featuring some things that I'm excited about!
++  Wednesday:  Review of The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien
++  Thursday: Talking about The Walking Dead, Season 1 (Yes, I'm late on this.)
++  Friday: TGIF about what i'm most looking forward to read in 2012!
++  Sunday: The Sunday Salon.

Photobucket

In case you missed it....
++  New Release Tuesday - Talking about Beth Revis's newest and Anthony Green's newest album.
++  Review: The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie.  3 stars.
++  American Horror Story, Season 1:  Why you should watch this.
++  In My Mailbox (30) - I have an addiction!
++  The Sunday Salon (28) - Finding the balance between life and blogging.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...