Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New Release Tuesday (30)

New Release Tuesday is a weekly feature where I share what I'm excited about in both books and music. Sometimes its release day is close, other times it can be several weeks or months in advance. I only feature one for each category, but there a LOADS of new and upcoming releases and you can find them by visiting B&N.com or FYE.com!
Title:  Pandemonium
Author:  Lauren Oliver
Release Date:  February 28, 2012
Summary:  I’m pushing aside the memory of my nightmare,
pushing aside thoughts of Alex,
pushing aside thoughts of Hana and my old school,
push,
push,
push,
like Raven taught me to do.
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence,
behind a wall of smoke and ?ame.
Why I'm Excited:  Okay so I can't say that I'm like super excited for this book, because I haven't read the first one yet.  However, if you watched In My Mailbox (30) then you know that I downloaded a copy of Delirium and I plan on reading it very soon.  I've seen a lot of bloggers say that it was one of their favorites of the year, and I think there are going to be some blog tours and some reviews posted for this very soon, given the close release date, so I really want to read the first one so I can get to this one!
Album Title:  This Means War
Artist:  Attack Attack!
Release Date:  January, 17, 2012
Why I'm Excited:  So here's another album that's coming out on my birthday.  I'll admit, Attack Attack! isn't a band that I've listened to a whole lot.  In fact, some of their earlier music is pretty bad in my opinion.  But when I got the Warped Tour Sampler from this year and heard their song "A is for Andrew" I kind of decided that I really liked it.  Then I sampled some of the things from this album and decided that the samples didn't sound that bad.  While its not a band that I actively listen to now, I think that I might give this new album a try when it comes out.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...