Friday, January 13, 2012

TGIF: 2012 Must Reads

TGIF!  Everyone loves Friday right?  This is a feature hosted by Ginger at Greadsbooks.com.  Ginger posts a discussion question every Friday and provides a post where bloggers link their posts.  It's a fantastic way to get to know other bloggers!   Interested in participating?  Hop on over to Greads! feature page and learn more and see upcoming questions!

This Friday's Question:
2012 Must Reads: Which books are at the top of your list to be read this year (new or old releases)?


I have so many books that I want to read for the year!  My biggest goal is the get through the piles and piles on my bookshelves this year that I've never gotten around to.  Most of these are old books that I haven't gotten to yet, but better late than never, right?
  • The Dark Tower Series by Stephen King:  This is a re-read for me, but seeing as I'm hosting a challenge for it this year, it kind of is a must read.  I want to at least complete my own challenge!  Plus, The Wind Through the Keyhole is coming out in March, so I plan of pre-ordering that.
  • The Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon: I read the first in the series and LOVED it, so I want to read the rest.  This is yet another challenge I've signed up for and hope to finish.
  • The Abarat series by Clive Barker:  I got this series from BookPerk last year and I'm DYING to read it.  I've heard so many great things about it and I really hope these are books that I can get to this year.
  • The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins:  Another series that I've heard amazing things about and really would like to get to this year!
  • The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern:  Every time I see this in the bookstore I want to snatch it up, but I just haven'y yet.  I hope to get my hands on it soon though because it sounds completely phenomenal.
  • Anything by Ellen Hopkins: She's another author that I've heard great things about and never read, so I hope to be able to get to some of her work this year!

Okay, so I know that most of these are series, but I really like series and there are just a lot of things that I want to get to this year!  What are some of the things that you're dying to read in the next year?

1 comment:

jeannette bruce said...

The Night Circus was one of my favorites in 2011. And you sooo have to read THG! Great picks! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...