Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I've been Tagged!

I was tagged by Allison over at The Cheap Reader!  Sometimes its fun to get to know fellow bloggers this way.

How It Works
 1. You must post the rules.
 2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create ten new questions to ask the people who you have tagged.
 3. Tag ten people and link to them on your post.
 4. Let them know you’ve tagged them!

Here's my questions:


1.  What’s one book that you wish you could make everyone read?
There are so many.  But I guess I have to say I want everyone to read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.  Everyone needs to read these books in my opinion!


2.  What book(s) are you a bit embarrassed to say you’ve never read?
There are a lot of these as well.  Most of them are classics that I've never gotten around to.  These include a lot of Jane Austen, Wuthering Heights, and then other classics like Farenheight 451 by Ray Bradbery and A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline 


3.  Are there any books that book blogging has turned you on to that you never would have read before?
Some of the review requests that I took were books that I never would have read otherwise and they were actually pretty good.  There are some fiction books that I've read because of other bloggers that I never thought I would read as well.


4.  If you had to be stuck on a deserted island, what 5 books would you bring with you?
I seriously don't know if I could answer this.  The Stand by Stephen King would be one because there is SO much to that book I think you need to read it way more than once to get everything out of it.  I would probably take my volume of the complete works of Edgar Allen Poe as well.  I love his work and I need to read more of it.  Outlander by Diana Gabaldon because I love that book so much.  And I don't know if I can pick two more!


5.  What’s your favorite series?
The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis.  I read these books so many times as a child and I read them again last year and I just love them.  Even if they are full of biblical parallels.


6.  Summarize your taste in 4 books.
Salem's Lot by Stephen King, Abarat by Clive Barker, The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory and Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut.


7.  What’s your favorite stand alone book?
Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut.


8.  What book would you want to magically transported into?
Outlander.  Because I want to BE Claire Randall so I can have Jamie.  Oh my, that man.  Even if she almost dies a few times, I'm pretty sure I could hold my own.  I'm pretty kickass myself :]


9.  What character(s) would you want to be best friends with? Why?
The Hogwarts crew.  I don't think I need to explain why.


10.  What’s next on your to read list?
Actually, Mercy by Joshua Grover-David Patterson.  Look up his stuff on Amazon, its pretty flippin' sweet.


My Questions for the Tagged:
  1. How long have you been book blogging?
  2. Are you a member of any book clubs in person, or are you one of your only friends that enjoys reading?
  3. How often do you visit your local library?
  4. Favorite place to read?
  5. Do you feel that book blogging has introduced you to more and changed your taste in any way?
  6. Favorite book or series?
  7. Print books or e-books?
  8. Paperback or hardcover?
  9. Where do you get most of your books? Are the bought, borrowed, ARCs?
  10. When you're not reading, what are you usually doing?
Who I'm tagging:
The Bookscape Report


Okay, so I might be cheating and only tagging 5, but these are the only people I can think to tag!  Looking forward to reading everyone's answers!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...