Monday, February 13, 2012

Manic Monday: Week of February 13

We all know that Mondays are typically pretty manic for us all.  Honestly, who in the world likes Mondays?!  So here's an attempt for me to organize my thoughts for the week.  Here you'll find what I'm reading, what I will picking up next, different posts that you can expect in the upcoming week, and a recap of the posts from last week!  And anything else I see fit, of course :]

The Woman in Black by Susan Hill
I've heard good things about this book.  Its a ghost story, but some people have told me that it goes a little bit beyond that.  I will say that the beginning was just a tiny bit slow and I had trouble concentrating on the main character and the names confused me, but I finally got it.  Hill does a fantastic job with the setting in this book.  I think I'm almost halfway through.  It is reading a little bit slower than I thought it would, but we're just now getting to the meat of the story, so it should pick up from here.

Photobucket

What will I be picking up next?
I actually finished 2 other books this week, other than what you saw in last week's Manic Monday post.  I'm WAY ahead on reading and way behind on reviewing.  The next two books after The Woman in Black are Mercy but Joshua Grover-David Patterson and Abarat: Absolute Midnight by Clive Barker.  After that, I have one Agatha Christie left to read and I've made it through my pile for February and then some, so I'll just be picking up whatever strikes my fancy, but it will probably be another Patterson book.  There's a series of his that I have that I really need to read :]

Photobucket

What can you expect this week?
++  Tuesday:  New Release Tuesday, featuring new Anne Rice.
++  Wednesday: Review of The Drawing of the Three by Stephen King
++  Thursday: Review of Abarat:  Days of Magic, Nights of War by Clive Barker
++  Friday: TGIF!  Talking about book blogger pride.
++  Saturday:  In My Mailbox!
++  Sunday:  The Sunday Salon.

Photobucket

In case you missed it....
++  New Release Tuesday (33)
++  Review of Abarat by Clive Barker.  4 out of 5 stars.
++  Review of Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins.  5 out of 5 stars.
++  TGIF, talking about love stories.
++  In My Mailbox (32)
++  The Sunday Salon (31)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...