Thursday, February 9, 2012

REVIEW: Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

book cover of Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
Title: Catching Fire (The Hunger Games #2)
Author: Suzanne Collins
Date Published: First published 2009
Genre: Dystopian, Young Adult
Page Count: 275 pages
Challenge: E-Book Challenge 2012
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

This isn't going to be a traditional review, because much like the first one, everyone has pretty much read this book.  Once again, I hopped on the bandwagon at the very end, right before the movies, but I still think that everyone should read these books.

This book picks up a little bit after where book 1 left off.  Things have started to chance in District 12, since Peeta and Katniss's victory.  There have been rumors of rebellion in other districts, rebellion that Katniss has helped begin.  And of course, there's the coming Quarter Quell, which could mean terrible things for both Peeta and Katniss.
This book threw you right back into the action.  There is a little bit of quite time in District 12, but then things begin to change again and with the Quarter Quell approaching.

While I was reading this book, there was a pretty obvious love triangle of sorts forming between Peeta and Katniss and Gale.  I mentioned this on Tumblr, and some asshole anon thought they would be a smartass and say "There is no love triangle, this is not Twilight."  Well of course I know its not Twilight, but I'm pretty sure there was a love triangle of sorts.  Now I don't know what's going to happen in the last book, so that may change, but its still a love triangle of sorts.

Anyway, the ending of this book just made me want to throw it.  Talk about leaving a cliffhanger ending.  I did enjoy this book, but not quite as much as I enjoyed the first one.  I still loved it, and I can't wait to read the third.  Definitely still 5 out of 5 stars.


Think you might want to give this book a try? Read other reviews or order from Amazon.com   Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...