Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Sunday Salon (30)

Once again, its time for another edition of The Sunday Salon.
I know I do these really sporadically, but that's because I work on Sundays or I have other things to do.  But, this Sunday I have off and its Superbowl Sunday at that!  I have no stakes in the superbowl because I don't care for either team too much, but I think if I had to choose, I'd rather the Patriots win.  Sorry Giants fans :]

So Thursday afternoon I went through and did a purge of all sorts of things in my house, I threw away A LOT of things and it made me feel much better after some of the things that have been going on this week.  A coworker pointed out that it is because I feel much more in control, and I think that's a very accurate statement.  When I can't control some things, I go to the things that I can.
Anyway, point of the story was that I got to actually reorganize my shelves just a little bit, since I only have so much shelf space.  I know the time is going to come at some point when I move where I need to go through my books and get rid of some, but I can't make myself do it yet.  I guess until I move I'll just let it all pile up and then go through it all at one time.  That seems like the best idea :]  The ones I choose to get rid of I'll probably take my my local used bookstore to see if they will take any of them and the rest, depending on the shape their in, I'll either take to the library or donate to Goodwill.

Do you do book purges?  Do you have a system that you use?  Like how long its been since you read them, etc.  What do you do with the ones you get rid of?

I leave you with a song that I have been in love with for the past week.  Really good song and I recommend checking out the rest of the album!

5 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I gave away some older books (last year) that I decided I hadn't liked that much the first time I read them, so I probably wouldn't reread them. Even so, I had to go back and forth with myself about whether or not I should do it.

I can totally relate to the need to organize and purge...but it isn't that easy.

Here's MY SUNDAY SALON POST and here’s
MY WEBSITE

Hawthornescarlet said...

I love my annual spring culling of stuff from my house. I also just did a big bookshelf reorg a few months ago, which felt great. I never want to give anything away, until I get in the mode of doing it and then I can't stop.

Kath Liu said...

Once I finish the thesis, there will be an epic reorganisation of the study room. Oh yes. *Rubs hands together with glee* I might have a book purge but honestly, there's not too much that I would really want to get rid of I don't think. But I won't know until I look.

And I LOVE this song! Thanks for the tip. One to add to iTunes, methinks...

S.Leighanne @ Leighanne's Lit said...

I'm the same way, I have to be in the mood for it in order to actually do it!

S.Leighanne @ Leighanne's Lit said...

The whole album is actually pretty good, I'm glad you like it! :]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...