Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Sunday Salon (31)

Its that time of the week again!

Honestly, things have been pretty boring here in my world.  I've been working (4 days of 9 hour shifts, which I'm not all that used to be on a concrete floor for so long) and keeping my house together and this week I've done A LOT of reading.  I actually finished 4 books this week, which is kind of a record for me.  And I think that this will be the first time that I actually will finish all the books that I set out to read in a month, plus some.  Since its February, the shortest month of the year, I set the bar low, only challenging myself to read 7 books, but I think I'll finish 9, which is usually a really good month for me.
I guess I need to start picking out the books I want to get through for next month!

However, reading so fast means that I'm reading faster than I'm writing reviews.  I'm WAY backed up.  I was 3 books backed up I think last week and I managed to get all of them finished relatively quickly.  Right now, I'm backed up 5 books, soon to be 6.  But I can't help it, I would SO much rather just read than write the reviews!  It doesn't help that all of the books I've been reading (except one) have been pretty fantastic.  I'm also trying to figure out when I'm going to have the time to actually write the reviews.

On another note, but still book related, I'm going to visit my favorite used book store ever on Monday.  And I usually go in without any kind of idea of what I need to get, but I've been making a list of things to see if they have, so I will actually be prepared.  I feel bad for those going with me, because I can spend SO much time in there.  Valentine's Day gift to myself since I don't really believe in the day.  Needless to say, no plans.  And I don't think that you need a special day to show someone you love them, that should be every day.

But I rambled enough and now it is time to prepare myself to spend another 9 hours at Old Navy.  Someone please kill me now.  I hope you all have a fantastic Sunday and happy reading!

And once again, I leave you something that's been on my playlist lately. This is a woman who knows how to rock. Meet Grace Potter and the Nocturnals. Enjoy :]

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...