Monday, March 19, 2012

Manic Monday: Week of March 19

We all know that Mondays are typically pretty manic for us all.  Honestly, who in the world likes Mondays?!  So here's an attempt for me to organize my thoughts for the week.  Here you'll find what I'm reading, what I will picking up next, different posts that you can expect in the upcoming week, and a recap of the posts from last week!  And anything else I see fit, of course :]

I fell off the map the past two weeks.  I've been dealing with some tough things, but I'm back!

Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery
Still working my way through this one for Book Hoarders Anonymous.  I'm trying to read it slowly to make it last through the month.  As I'm reading it, certain things are coming back to me and other things feel new again.  It makes me remember my childhood though, which is one of the things that I love the most about it.

The Walking Dead Vol. 1: Days Gone By by Robert Kirkman
So I read my first comic last week.  Someone I know got the first two volumes of The Darkness and I read those pretty quickly, and then I got the first 3 volumes of The Walking Dead.  I've only read the first issue in the first volume, but I saw the first season of the show, and the first show followed the first issue almost exactly.  I was pretty surprised!  Anyway, I can't wait to read more of this.

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Alright, this is going to be my first John Green.  I've had this on my pile for the month, and I wanted to get to it a long time before now, but I had some other things come up.  Anyway, I know that based on everyone else's reviews, there are going to be things that I don't like and I know I'm going to cry my eyes out, but I really hope I love it.  And I think I will.


Photobucket

What will I be picking up next?
When I finish The Fault in Our Stars, I'm going to be starting A Game of Thrones.  I think that one is going to take me a while to get through, but I'm excited to actually get a start to this series.  I can already tell that I'm pretty sure I won't finish my TBR pile for the month, and I've already read 3 things that weren't on it, but I'm still reading, so that's something!

Photobucket

What can you expect this week?
++  Tuesday: New Stephen King Film Adaption?
++  Wednesday: Abarat: Absolute Midnight Review
++ Thursday:  Mercy by Joshua Patterson Review
++  Friday: TGIF:  Talking about Bookish Trends
++  Saturday: Discussion:  Talking about Genre Loyalty
++ Sunday: THe Sunday Salon

Photobucket

In case you missed it....
++  Review of The Woman in Black by Susan Hill

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...