Monday, March 26, 2012

Manic Monday: Week of March 26

We all know that Mondays are typically pretty manic for us all.  Honestly, who in the world likes Mondays?!  So here's an attempt for me to organize my thoughts for the week.  Here you'll find what I'm reading, what I will picking up next, different posts that you can expect in the upcoming week, and a recap of the posts from last week!  And anything else I see fit, of course :]

A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin
I'll admit, the first 50 pages of this book I kept thinking "Who the hell are these people?!"  It took me a little bit to really get everyone straight in my head.  But, once I did that I really started to enjoy it.  I love the way that the book is written with each of the chapters written from a different point of view from the character (its all in third person though).  Anyway, there's already quite a bit going on and I'm only 200 pages in.  But the book is HUGE as in not the number of pages, but just the size and the print is normal, so where I could normally get through about 100 pages in an evening, I'm lucky to get through 50.  So this one is definitely going to take some time to get through.  I hope that I can finish it before March is over!

Photobucket

What will I be picking up next?
I actually don't really know what I'm going to read next.  I had a whole pile of things for March and I kind of neglected that pile and its almost April, which means that I will need to create a new TBR pile for April, and as of right now, I have no idea what's going to be on it.

Photobucket

What can you expect this week?
++  Tuesday:  New Release Tuesday!
++  Wednesday:  A post about Gone Reading, a nonprofit organization that promotes literacy.
++  Thursday:  A review of Evil Under the Sun by Agatha Christie.
++  Friday:  TGIF: Talking about a Book Blogger Retreat!
++  Saturday:  March Rewind (Vlog)
++  Sunday:  April TBR (Vlog)



Photobucket

In case you missed it....
++  New Stephen King Film Adaptation?
++  Abarat: Absolute Midnight by Clive Barker Review
++  Mercy By Joshua Patterson Review
++  TGIF:  Bookish Trends
++  Have you signed up for Bloggiesta yet?
++  Genre Loyalty (Discussion)
++  The Sunday Salon (33)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...