Thursday, March 29, 2012

REVIEW: Evil Under the Sun by Agatha Christie

Book Cover of Evil Under the Sun by Agatha Christie
Title: Evil Under the Sun
Author: Agatha Christie
Date Published: First published in 1940
Genre: Mystery
Page Count: 220 pages
Challenge: None.
Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

At a seaside resort, while Hercule Poirot is on holiday, a beautiful young bride is mysterously strangled to death on a secluded cove.  It is up to Poirot to sift through the suspects and clues to figure out motive and who has committed the crime.

Once again Christie leads you through the twists and turns of mystery.  She sets you up to think that it is one person, only to find out again that you're completely wrong in the end.  I think that I should just give up trying to guess the culprit because I am almost never right.

I liked this one because Poirot was more part of the story than some of the other books that I have read.  Sometimes he can be a minor character, but he wasn't in this one.
Since it is a mystery, and I don't want to give too much away, that is all I will say about this one, but know that it gets 3 out of 5 stars.  It was a good, solid mystery.

Think you might want to give this book a try? Read other reviews or order from Amazon.com  Evil Under the Sun by Agatha Christie

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...